Whether we respond better to thoughts, feelings or other means, that is the way God will try to communicate with us. … God doesn’t use fear tactics, though he can sometimes be very direct in answers. When God speaks, we will feel it in our hearts and minds. He speaks in terms of peace, not anxiety.
Can you talk to God in your thoughts?
While prayer may be more of a one-way transaction, talking implies a conversation. You can talk to God out loud or inside your mind, whichever feels most effective to you. It may be best to find a quiet or private space you can occupy in order to concentrate while you’re talking.
How can I hear God speak to me?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How do you know if God is asking you to do something?
3 Common Signs God Is Trying To Tell You Something
- Repetitive Messages. One really obvious way that God tries to get your attention is repetition. …
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious sign God is trying to get your attention is through your friends. …
- Hardened Heart.
How do you know God is testing you?
Obedience seems to always be a key part of God’s testing. He gives us things to do which make no sense to us and are not particularly appealing, although they are good for us. Then he watches our response to learn exactly how we feel about our relationship with him. If we trust him, we typically obey.
What do you do when God is silent?
When God seems silent, bare your heart before him.
Let us bare our hearts before him, even when our hearts are filled with questions and distress about what seems like the silence of God. As David writes in Psalm 62: “For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.
Can you pray to be with someone?
First, pray for the Lord to be with them. One of the first things you can do is to pray that God is with the person and watch over them wherever they are. … Furthermore, you can pray for God to open their heart, mind, and spirit to the love, grace, and healing that only He can bring.
How does God’s voice sound like?
We are also told that God speaks in a “still small voice” (1 Kings 19:12). When the prophet Samuel heard God’s voice (1 Samuel 3), it was so ordinary-sounding that Samuel thought it was his teacher Eli. … The Bible more often portrays God’s voice as sounding ordinary and meek than as booming and thunderous.
How do I know if God is listening to my prayers?
4 Signs God Is Answering Your Prayers
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Scripture. God always speaks through His word. …
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Your Desires. …
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Others. …
- God May Answer Your Prayers Audibly.
How does the Lord speak to us?
“God so loved the world”, says the Gospel, and so he speaks to us in the language of this love. He speaks through dreams, visions and voices. We can learn to hear God speak through his Church, through the love of his people and through the voice of his priests and pastors.
What are signs from God?
Here are four common signs that God uses:
- Use of Nature. Time and time again we see God using nature as a way to communicate with his people. …
- Sends someone else. Another common sign that God sends is via a messenger. …
- Dreams. We have to be very careful with this one. …
- Word of God.
How do you know when God is upset with you?
You Do Not Feel Guilty About Your Sin Anymore.
He helps you discern between what is right and wrong before the Lord. He warns you whenever there is a temptation or danger. … If you cannot feel any guilt for something you know is wrong, then God must be angry with you for choosing sin rather than obedience to Him.
Does God speak to us in dreams?
Our dreams are only one way in which the Lord speaks to us directly as believers. The primary way He speaks is through His Word. … So, you had a dream or vision. You have prayed and sought and received confirmation from the Holy Spirit.