Welcome to Unity Church of Surprise!
A Dynamic Spiritual Community serving the West Valley!
What Is Unity?
Unity is centered in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Unity honors all spiritual traditions and is open to exploring teachings and practices that can broaden and deepen our own Christian experience and understanding.
Unity Church is part of the worldwide, trans-denominational Unity movement that is over 100 years old. Unity’s prayer ministry, Silent Unity, offers continuous help and is one of the largest of its kind in the world. Unity also publishes the well-known monthly devotional magazine Daily Word.
The Unity Wings
The Unity wings are often seen in Unity Churches. At Unity Church of Surprise they are featured in the Sanctuary. They are an ancient symbol for God and in Unity represent the soul or the world on the wings of Spirit. In other words it is God that gives us wings to fly.
Teachings and key principles
There are five essential Unity Principles that form the essence of our belief and way of life.
- There is only one Presence and one Power active as the universe and as my life, God the Good.
- Our essence is of God; therefore, we are one Power active as the universe and as my life, God the Good.
- We are co-creators with God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence, called the Christ, was fully expressed in Jesus.
- Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use.
- Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.
We are true to our spiritual nature in thought, word and action.
We are centered in our divine essence and oneness with all.
We treat all people with kindness and caring;
Revering the Christ within them.
We live in the awareness that the abundance of God is all around us.
On Your First Visit
- Barista Style Coffee: 9 – 9:30 AM
- Check out the Living Light Bookstore before and after the Worship Celebration
- Worship Celebration: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Hospitality: 11:15 AM – 12:30 PM
We know that attending a new church for the first time can be an intimidating experience. To make your first visit as comfortable as possible, we would like to let you know in advance what you can expect to happen this Sunday.
1st: Somebody will say hi, greet you with a hug, a handshake, or whatever you feel comfortable with.
2nd: We’ll celebrate God’s goodness in our lives as we sing, pray and meditate as a united family.
3rd: We’ll study the Truth Principles in the form of a lesson given by our founding minister, Reverend Billie Martini learning how to put those Truth Principles into Practice… that’s why we call Unity – Practical Christianity.
4th: We’ll have a chance to respond to how God has moved in our hearts and offer a share of our treasure.
5th: We’ll close with the Prayer of Protection and move into the fellowship hall to continue in community with one another over coffee and treats.
Relax, make yourself at home; we’re blessed to have you join us! Feel free to walk around, check things out in the lobby, grab some coffee freshly brewed by our barista’s or check out the Living Light Bookstore.
Just come as you are and expect a warm, friendly atmosphere in which you will be appreciated and welcomed – no strings attached.